Journal of Internet Services and Applications welcomes submissions to the thematic series on 'AI-Driven smart edge computing for wireless communications and networking'.
While emerging wireless applications require massive devices with real-time communication, computation, management and control, the growing complexity of wireless communications and networking has made monitoring the multitude of elements intractable. As a result, embedding versatile machine intelligence into future wireless systems has fostered widespread interest in academia and industry. This trend is reflected in edge computing based artificial intelligent solutions, where a natural step is to learn optimal decisions in a proactive manner.
Artificial intelligence facilitates sophisticated wireless scenarios analysis and prediction, and thus to make an optimal decision. We hope to incorporate edge computing based on artificial intelligence algorithms into wireless communications and networking systems, aimed at improving QoS/QoE and making the systems smart, intelligent, and efficient. This thematic series focuses on recent advances in architecture, algorithms, optimization, and models for wireless communications and networking with AI techniques and smart edge computing, etc.
Topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Edge Computing using AI for QoS/QoE provisioning in wireless networks
- AI-driven wireless and mobile multimedia applications
- Smart Edge Computing using AI for location services
- Edge Computing using AI for security issues in wireless networks
- Edge Computing using AI for wireless rechargeable sensor network
- AI-driven incentive schemes for mobile crowd sensing systems
- Edge Computing using AI for cognitive radio networks
- Edge Computing using AI for Internet of Everything
- AI-driven software defined wireless networks
- AI-driven cloud/fog-assisted wireless communications
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for Journal of Internet Services and Applications. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Journal of Internet Services and Applications submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate thematic series in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the thematic series on 'AI-Driven smart edge computing for wireless communications and networking'. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection. If you have any difficulty in paying the article processing charges (APC), please request a waiver from the editors.
Submission Deadline: 1 October 2019
Honghao Gao, Shanghai University, China (Lead Guest Editor)
Jiacun Wang, Monmouth University, USA
Yudong Zhang, University of Leicester, UK
Antonio Bucchiarone, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
Sign up for article alerts and news from this journal to keep updated on articles published in Journal of Internet Services and Applications - including articles published in this thematic series!