Journal of Internet Services and Applications welcomes submissions to the new thematic series on Free and Open Source Software Development
Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) is now a significant component in the Internet industry and is recognized as an important area of research within Software Engineering and related disciplines. The FOSS movement has a major impact on how organizations work and how individuals create, distribute, acquire and use software. FOSS development continues to grow, and its development model serves as a foundation for business, collaboration processes, software engineering practices, IT management. On the other hand, the movement has introduced new challenges, especially in relation to openness and the innovative nature of this development model. This Thematic Series aims to bring innovative contributions to research and development of Free and Open Source Software Development, creating a source of reference for researchers and practitioners.
Potental topics include, but are not limited to:
- Social/Human aspects of FOSS development
- FOSS practices and methods
- FOSS and innovation
- FOSS adoption in commercial and non-commercial settings
- FOSS and Education and FOSS Infrastructure (underlying technology and applications)
For more information about this thematic series, please refer to the following http://igorsteinmacher.github.io/cfp-jisa-foss/
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the Instructions for Authors for Journal of Internet Services and Applications. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Journal of Internet Services and Applications submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate section in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the Thematic Series on 'Free and Open Source Software Development'. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 15 August, 2016
Lead guest editor
Igor Steinmacher, Federal University of Technology - Paraná
Brian Fitzgerald, Lero - University of Limerick
Gregorio Robles, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
Tony Wasserman, Carnegie Melon University - Silicon Valley
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for article alerts and news from this journal to keep updated on articles published in Journal of Internet Services and Applications - including articles published in this thematic series!